Answers to the most commonly asked questions about The Code Green Campaign®. Read through our FAQ to see if your question has already been answered. Clicking on a question will expand the answer.
About Code Green
You can contact us here via e-mail, or you can send us mail at:
The Code Green Campaign
PO Box 15365
Spokane Valley, WA 99215
We do have a phone number, but because we all work full time and can’t take calls at our other jobs we like to pre-arrange phone calls. We also are not a crisis helpline, and we don’t want people to share our phone number and give people the wrong impression. While we love to help people, we don’t want them getting our voicemail if someone isn’t available to talk..
Yes! The Code Green Campaign has been granted tax-exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service functioning as a public charity under section 501(c)(3). That means any donations made to Code Green after April 3rd, 2014 are tax deductible. Our Federal I.D. for donations is #46-5739098.
You can donate via Paypal by clicking here (you don’t have to have a Paypal account). You can also send a check or money order to the address listed in question 1 (but not cash!). We are also on Amazon Smile, and when you shop using Amazon Smile a small portion of your purchase will be donated to us every time you shop on Amazon.
You can also see if your employer uses Benevity to allow you to automatically deduct a set amount from your paycheck each month and have it donated to us.
No! Absolutely not. While Code Green was founded by people who currently work in EMS, the campaign is for all kinds of responders, including EMTs, Paramedics, firefighters, police officers, dispatchers flight nurses, critical care teams, wildland firefighters, search & rescue, and anyone else we’re forgetting. While we all do different jobs, we all end up being exposed to the same types of trauma and stressors that can lead to mental health problems. As far as we are concerned we are all one big family and we are in this together.
No, but we do request that each provider that is listed fill out some information to demonstrate that they have the appropriate education and background to provide services to first responders.
It depends on the project. Our name and logo are trademarked and protected. We allow our name and logo to be used for relevant projects as long as there is no claim that Code Green is sponsoring an event or otherwise officially involved. For example, if you want to host a 5k for Code Green you can’t name it “The Code Green 5k”, but you can call it something like “5k for First Responder Mental Health” and say “Proceeds of the 5k will be donated to The Code Green Campaign” with our logo next to our name.
We do want to know what you’re planing on doing before you use our name and/or logo. Before we give approval, we like to have the following information:
- Who you are and what the project is.
- If you are raising any money, and where the money is going.
- How you would be using our name and/or logo.
Please use our contact form to send your request to the admins, and we will get back to you as soon as we can (it may be a couple of days). Once the use has been approved we can provide high quality vector files of our logo, rather than people using the low quality ones available on Facebook and elsewhere.
I Want To Help!
We do not have chapters currently. However, we are open to discussing this if there is enough interest. If you have any ideas/vision of how to create this in the future, please click here to reach out to us.
Yes we do! Because Code Green is mostly a virtual campaign we unfortunately don’t have a lot of “hands on” projects for people to help with. However, that doesn’t mean that that you can’t help! The single biggest thing that anyone can do to help is to get our name out there and bring awareness to the high rate of mental health concerns in first responders.
Here are some suggestions for other things you can do to help:
- Donate to the campaign. We are a small organization and every dollar helps.
- If you know about any mental health resources, counselors, therapists, etc that you would recommend for first responders let us know so we can add them to our resources page.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@thecodegreencampaign)
- Use Amazon Smile to donate to us every time you shop on Amazon.
- If you see mental health being discussed on one of the Facebook pages for first responders tag The Code Green Campaign by typing @The Code Green Campaign in your post. We will get an alert that you tagged us and we will join the discussion.
- If you see a discussion on Reddit about mental health in first responders tag or PM /u/codegreencampaign to let us know about it.
- If your agency uses social media ask them to share our website or social media pages.
- Write a letter to your state and congressional representative(s). There are many politicians that are supportive of mental health concerns and/or first responders. The more they hear about the problem the easier it will be to bring attention at the national level. You can find information on how to contact your state and congressional representatives here.
- If you see an interesting blog, article, picture, video, etc you would like to see shared on our Facebook page let us know! You can either PM us a link on Facebook or click here to use our “Share With Us” form to submit it.
- Check out our Education page and learn how to help yourself and your peers! There are many classes and training opportunities available to give you the tools to take care of yourself and help someone in crisis.
At this time we are not actively recruiting volunteers, however we do maintain a couple different lists of people who are willing/able to help and we do use those lists when something comes up. In order to get on a list please contact us here, and include the following information:
- Your name
- Your location
- Your contact information
- Any professional qualifications/advanced degrees you have.
- What you’re interested in helping with/what you think you’d be best at.
- Any post volunteer experience
- Any special skill you have, such as Photoshop, web design, etc.
Do You Have...
We are not currently running any support groups, but you can find more information on different resources where support groups are being offered in our Resources Database.
Yes we do! This is an exciting time, as there are a lot of new studies and research being published! We will be adding some of these studies to our website soon, but in the meantime, feel free to contact us if you are looking for anything specific on this topic and we will do our best to help you.